On November 29th at home, the Lions were edged by the 49ers, 73-70. Loyola Marymount played well in the first half, and went into halftime up 38-32. However, the team could not stop Long Beach State from taking it away at the end.
Long Beach State took control of free throw shooting and turnover margin. The 49ers beat the Lions at the charity stripe, 16 points to five. There was a gap in turnovers, with six for the 49ers and 14 for the Lions. The area where Loyola Marymount really struggled was steals, with only 2 for this game against a season average of 6.9.
Ashley Hamilton played hard for the Lions with 17 points in 33 minutes.
Ayodeji Egbeyemi added a game-leading 11 rebounds.
The Lions now drop to 3-4.
Up next is Portland State at home on December 1st.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes:
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 70 or fewer total points.
- C.J. Blackwell recorded a team season high in three pointers with 5.
- The top two rebounders (Ayodeji Egbeyemi and Ashley Hamilton) accounted for 47.6% of the rebounds.
- The last time LMU recorded at least 13 three pointers was Jan 21, 1999 against San Diego (link).
- In 100% of losses this season, Loyola Marymount has recorded 0 or fewer blocks.
Long Beach State Game Notes:
- Kris Gulley recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- The top two rebounders (Kris Gulley and Dan Jennings) accounted for 48.6% of the rebounds.
- Kris Gulley recorded the 1st double digit rebound game of his career.
- James Ennis has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Ashley Hamilton
, Ayodeji Egbeyemi